Tea traders gathered here in Shizuoka in the time of Tokugawa Ieyasu and many of them still conduct business around Chamachi street. This is where experienced “tea meisters” concentrate. Tea from across Japan gathers at the tea auction market and is processed in a variety of ways to be distributed all over the world. The Cha-no-Machi Concierges formulated by the nine tea traders, guide you around Cha-no-Machi and convey the tea culture.
|Total Duration||From 9:30 to 12:30 (3 hours)|
|What to Expect||The experiences listed below are part of a programme. The programme changes every month,
for more information please refer to the Cha-no-Machi concierge’s website.
- Visit of 2 or 3 tea shops.
- Visit of a tea factory.
- Observation of the tea screening by professionnals and screening/tasting experience.
- Tasting of several types of teas.
- Experience tea blending.
- Simple experience of tea manufacturing.
- Receive a sample of the tea you tasted and/or the shop’s most prized tea.
- Taste the typical tea sweets.
The following tea shops are cooperating to offer visitors the experiences listed above:
Cha-Machi KINZABURO, Kojima Kouhei Shoten, Seichadonya Yamanashi Shoten, Cha Kukan, Maruhide Iwasaki Seicha, etc.…
|Meeting Place||Please refer to the Cha-no-machi concierge’s homepage|
|Additional Information||People who wear strong scented perfumes or colognes will not be accepted|